You know those recipes that people refer to as being “so easy” but then it turns to “all you have to do is spend your life savings on the finest organic cacao powder/coconut flour/almond flour/goji berries/cacao nibs, do a back flip, pull out your 5 kitchen gadgets and ta-dah – she’s done!” I understand the difficulty level is always going to vary from person to person depending on their skill level in the kitchen to begin with and the staple items they always keep in their cupboards. But I can promise you, this Pomegranate Guacamole, might actually be the most simple holiday appetizer you’re ever going to make.
When I brought it to a Christmas party this past weekend and was raving about how simple, quick and easy it was, the host joked by facetiously saying “Wow, so glad you put so much thought and effort into it!” But it was somewhat true – I really only just made guacamole and threw some pomegranates in it and called it a day. But let me tell you – minds were blown!
If you’re in a crunch like I was this past weekend, you’re going to love throwing together this delicious holiday appetizer!
- 7 avocados, mashed
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
- Slice open avocados and remove pits. Scoop out avocado flesh and transfer to a bowl.
- Mash avocado with fork until fully mashed.
- To seed pomegranate, score the pomegranate 4 times on each side and peel apart. Fill a large bowl with water and place pomegranate in to begin seeding process. This will help to make sure the pomegranates don’t spray on your white shirt 😉 Drain water and set aside pomegranate seeds.
- Add onion, garlic, pomegranate seeds and squeeze of lime and stir together. Make sure to set aside a handful of pomegranate seeds for garnish.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top. Serve with gluten-free corn tortilla chips or carrot/celery sticks.
What’s your favourite quick holiday recipe to whip up?